I would be OK with getting rid of the ordinal. It makes it less enum-like, but
I agree that the ordinal really has little purpose now. The intLevel is more
important.

Here may be the best approach I can think of for calculating the
StandardLevel-equivalent on instantiation:

    public static Level OFF = new Level("OFF", 0, StandardLevel.OFF) {};
    public static Level ALL = new Level("ALL", Integer.MAX_VALUE,
StandardLevel.ALL);

    private Level(String name, int intLevel, StandardLevel standardLevel) { //
this is the only c-tor standard levels use
        // same logic as current constructor
        this.standardLevel = standardLevel;
    }

    protected Level(String name, int intLevel) { // this is the only c-tor
custom levels use
        this(name, intLevel, Level.calculateStandardLevel(intLevel));
    }

    public enum StandardLevel {
        OFF, FATAL, ERROR, WARN, INFO, DEBUG, TRACE, ALL
    }

Thoughts?