About the proposed change for LOG4J2-703/713: I don't see any reason why this
fix can't go in a 2.0.1 or 2.1 release.

In general, I think we agree that in any release log4j-core can have changes
that are not binary compatible with previous releases. That is why the api and
core modules are separate: so we are free to make changes to core...

To be honest, LOG4J2-703/713 doesn't look like a showstopper, or am I missing
something?

Sent from my iPhone