> The File class offers the lastModified method which makes it easy to
check if a file has changed.
> URL don't offer a method to check if they have changed. Thus it is not
possible to implement the variant you are
> asking for. Ceki

Not necessarily, URLConnection has a 'setIfModifiedSince()' - I don't know
whether JVMs that provide handlers for 'file:' URL's will interpret such a
call as testing lastModified() on the underlying file...

Regards,
James W.

This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302). It may contain
privileged and confidential information. It is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail or by phone on +61 2 9212 7773 & delete this
e-mail from your system.