Rainer Klute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Due to licensing problems I cannot include log4j properly in a commercial
> product.
>
> While (according to the Apache License) this is no problem with log4j as
> such, it *is* a problem with Sun Microsystem's Java API for XML Processing.
> This
> software is currently available as "early access" and may be used for
> internal use only.
>
> Log4j uses the classes javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory,
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder and
> javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError from
> this API. Is there a way to avoid them, at least until there is a version
> without licensing problems? Is there an alternate implementation?

I'm not on Log4J-User anymore, but I get a peek to what happens being the
moderator... Sun's JAXP 1.0 (which contains the classes you're talking
about) is _NOT_ "early access". Only 1.1 is, but it should be out quite
soon.

Anyway, also Xerces-J implements those classes (I wrote them before joining
Sun), so, you might want to check that out...

    Pier

--
Pier Fumagalli                                 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>