Is it possible to do variable substitution in a DOMConfigurator
xml file? For example, I'd like to be able to do the following:

       <appender name="A1" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
           <param name="File"   value="${java.home}/A1.log" />
       </appender>

where ${java.home} is searched for in the System properties or
in properties defined in the xml file in the same way the
PropertyConfigurator does. I'm hoping properties in the xml
file can be set in the same way Ant does it with a
<property name="key" value="val" /> type syntax.

Rick