Hello all,

Is failover logging possible in Log4J ? I have rolled my own appender to log
to a database (this is specific to my database schema for logging errors).
Ordinarily, I want to log only to the database. In case of an error (i.e.
database connection lost, database is down..etc..), I want to switch over to
logging to a flat file. Logging to a flat file and to other appenders is not
desirable in the particular architecture that we are developing ( I know
Log4J gives us this capability of writing to all "registered" appenders at
the same time).

Any ideas on how failover logging can be achieved using Log4J? Much
appreciate input on this.

Regards,
Anand

winmail.dat