From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 12:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: logging pattern with a leading tab

Hello,

I am trying to use a logging pattern that has tabs in it, so I am using the
following pattern:

log4j.appender.SERVERLOG.layout.ConversionPattern=      D=%d    T=%t
ML=%p   C=%c
M=%m%n

The problem is that I can't get the leading tab (the one between
'...ConversionPattern=' and 'D=') to work.
Instead of the leading tab in the log file I see 'D=....' At the beginning
of each log line.
All other tabs really are tabs in the log file.

Is this a bug?
Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Otis