Just giving some thought to where and how we're going to use logging in a
new project here, and I'd like to get verification regarding my
understanding of NDC's and where they are appropriate for use.

Assuming: a PatternLayout of time, thread, category, priority, ndc, and
message.
Assuming: all threads that we create will be named meaningfully and have
their NDC stacks (if any) cloned.
Assuming: no EJB technologies
Assuming: TomCat hosting model II style JSP's and standard Servlets

It seems to me that the only place where using NDC's .push() .pop() methods
is indicated is in our Servlets, and the JSP pages themselves (which become
Servlets, duh).

Am I missing something here?  Is this the only place use of NDC's would be
indicated?

Regards

John Volkar