At 14:36 19.02.2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
> I was looking on the log4j API and wanted help on two questions.
>
>Regarding logging the messages after reading from an XML file :
>1. how can we restrict the number of messages we can log and can we format
>messages to a new file after some limit to the existing log file or is there
>a better way performance wise.

Have you looked at the RollingFileAppender?

>2. Also i want to log different messages to different Appenders. For example
>say 3 appenders - console, file and NTEventLog and I wanna log debug and
>info to console, info and warning to file and Error and fatal messages to
>NTEventLog then how do we organise these things with XML file and also with
>source.

Poke around the distribution as it contains many examples configuration files in XML.
Regards, Ceki

ps: log4-dev was the wrong mailing list to place your request.

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15