Hi Simon,

Indeed, the PropertyConfigurator does not support filters. It is unlikely to do so in
the future. Although it is possible to introduce filtering support using key=value
syntax with a strong dose of separating dots, I think the result will be less than
elegant. XML is a perfectly suitable alternative for expressing complex configuration
syntax. There is no need to create a monster PropertyConfigurator just for the sake of
completeness.

Regards, Ceki

At 11:40 20.02.2001 +0100, Kitching Simon wrote:

>        [Kitching Simon]
>        To quote from the PropertyConfigurator documentation:
>
>        The PropertyConfigurator does not handle the advanced
>        configuration features supported by the DOMConfigurator
>        such as support for .... Filters....
>
>        As far as I know, this situation has not changed since
>        the last release. You could either use DOMConfigurator
>        (ie xml-based config files) or add Filter support to the
>        PropertyConfigurator...(shouldn't be too hard).
>
>        Regards,
>
>        Simon

Hi Simon,

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15