I've run into problems when the directory did not exist. If you create the
directory 'logs' first, I'm guessing it will work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan B. Tanner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 10:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: specify path in File param on windows?

Has anyone else had problems on windows NT specifying a path in the File
parameter of an appender?
For example, if I try the following code in a config file:
<appender name="foo" class="bar">
  <param name="File" value="logs/blah.log" />
I get the following error:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: dude/siteUsage.log (The system cannot find
the pathen specified)
Things work fine if I just specify a filename in the value attribute.
I'm using version 1.0.4.  I didn't see any bug fixes about this mentioned in
the HISTORY of version 1.1b1, so I thought I'd ask first to see if this
really is a problem.

Thanks,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]