>Running the risk of disappointing you here, although not full of bugs,
> >log4j is not bug-free as bugs creep out regularly.

Really? We may have to reevaluate our use of log4j. You see, the software we
write is 100.00% bug free, as are all libraries we rely upon. In fact, all
of our code is provably correct. Unfortunately we haven't shipped a product
for 20 years, but we will remedy that real soon, as soon as we squash these
last couple of bugss...

The LogLog.setErrorPrintStream(...) seems pretty clean to me. In fact, the
original motivation aside, one could imagine scenarios where the client
programmer might want to be able to set that for other purposes.

joe