Eric,

This is not the way log4j is designed to be used. To the best of my knowledge, it is
possible to do what you want after some serious effort and you really have to
understand the internals of log4j. Sorry, Ceki

At 09:25 23.03.2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have an object called Product...  In it's constructor I call an init
>method that loads up a log4j_product.prop file...
>
>I am calling this object from multiple other objects...
>
>When i call it from objectA, I want to have it's logging going to objectA's
>log file.
>
>However, when I call it from objectB, I want it to send it's logging to
>objectB's log file..  Should I pass in what property file it uses?  Or, will
>the category that I definie in my product object automatically pick up the
>properties if they are definied in objectA or B?
>
>Eric

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.

--
Ceki Gülcü          Web: http://qos.ch
                email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)