One thing you can do is to attach a org.apache.log4j.varia.PriorityMatchFilter to the
INFO appender. Filters can be configured using the DOMConfigurator or
programmatically. They cannot be configured using the PropertyConfigurator.

I assume you are aware of the Threshold option in AppenderSkeleton. That's the easiest
approach. Cheers, Ceki

At 09:38 26.03.2001 +0100, you wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>   It is posible to configure Log4J to ONLY log an specific priority?
>
>   I have an appender like:
>
>                log4j.category.com.my.classes.entities=INFO, A3
>
>                log4j.appender.A3=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
>                log4j.appender.A3.MaxFileSize=1MB
>                log4j.appender.A3.MaxBackupIndex=2
>                log4j.appender.A3.File=${rootLogDir}/Info_Messages.log
>
>                log4j.appender.A3.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>                log4j.appender.A3.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%-10t] %-5p  %c{3} -
>%m%n
>

>    But I want that the Appender ONLY logs the INFO priority, but not any
>higher priority (eg. ERROR or FATAL).
>
>   Thank you very much
>
>   JD Evora

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.

--
Ceki Gülcü          Web: http://qos.ch
                email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)