Hi all,

        In our environment, we have a lot of processes that need to log
events to files on a daily basis. Initially, a process will create a log
file with the current date (eg. staff_log.20010301 ). A new log file will be
created when the logger api attempts to log an event in a new day (eg.
staff_log.20010302 ).

        For example, we may have the follow log file for a staff monitoring
process:

        staff_log.20010301
        staff_log.20010302
        staff_log.20010303

        These processes rarely shutdown. Is there available log4j appender
that can achieve the above ? It seems like we just to need to made some
modification to RollingFileAppender ? Thanks.

Regards.

This communication contains confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us IMMEDIATELY that you have
received it and destroy it.   We are not liable for any unauthorised sending
of or interference with this communication.