At 08:26 29.03.2001 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>It's ok and now it works with the release version, still have trouble with
>th 1.1beta version...
>
>The same sources and configuration file work fine in 1.0.4, I've got this
>error with the 1.1beta :
>
>log4j:ERROR DOM element is not a <log4j:configuration> element.
>log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (Procedure).
>log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Michael,

This is from the 1.1b1 HISTORY file:

- Changed the name of the <configuration> element to <log4j:configuration>
  in the log4j.dtd. All configuration files written in XML need to be
  modified. [**]

That explains the error you get. Ceki

--
Ceki Gülcü          Web: http://qos.ch
                email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.