Ian,

You can use variable substitution. As in,

log4j.appender.FileLogger.File=${filename}

where filename is a *system property* set before calling PropertyConfigurator. Cheers,
Ceki

At 14:27 29.03.2001 -0800, you wrote:
>If I have a config file that reads like below
>
># Set root category priority to DEBUG and using Appender FileLogger
>log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, FileLogger
>

>log4j.appender.FileLogger=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
>log4j.appender.FileLogger.File=<Unknown until Runtim>
>
>Is there a way to read the config file using the propertyconfigurator
>but leave out the File name and set it after the propertyconfigurat has
>been created?
>
>My issue is that the File name is not available until run time.
>
>Thanks.
>

>Ian Huynh
>http://www.hubspan.com
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Phone: (206) 838-5400 ext. 1203
>Fax: (206) 838-5449

Ceki Gülcü          Web: http://qos.ch
                email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.