The log4j ant build script currently builds two jar files - one
containing everything and one which containing only the most common
components. This last one is currently about 85 Kb but there's plenty of
scope for trimming it to fit a particular environment. You'll have to go
through and see which components (appenders, layouts, filters etc.) you
need and then ditch everything else. 35 Kb may be a tough target.

Anders