Anuj,

> When you use PatternLayout you can specify a data attribute.
It's pretty
> sweet.  Check out the javadocs for PatternLayout.
> Anuj.

Thanks for this ... maybe I'm being think but I can't see any
reference to a data attribute in PatternLayout. Can you point me at
the right spot.

Just to clarify, what I'm looking for is to get the time of a message
stamped at the time it is raised not when it eventually gets logged.

-- Rob --

SoftSell Business Systems, Ltd.
' testing solutions for a changing world '

+44 (20) 7488 3470
www.softsell.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]