Hello,

I'm wondering about the following (which was discussed around March 7th/8th,
but in that discussion I didn't find the answer to my question):

How exactly do you disable logging of messages with Priority P <= X (where X
is something like DEBUG) via the log4j.properties file?

I've got:

log4j.category.foo.bar=DEBUG, SERVERLOG

Assuming all log categories are under foo.bar category, how would I disable
all DEBUG logging statements, for example?

log4j.disable.foo.bar=DEBUG, SERVERLOG

?

Thanks,

Otis

February 23, 2001

 - Release of version 1.1b1

 - Logging can now be disabled per Hierarchy. It can also be disabled
   using configuration files using the "disable" directive.  The
   "disableOverride" directive takes precedence over the "disable"
   directive.  As a result of this change the disable family of
   methods in BasicConfigurator has been deprecated and replaced by the same
   family of methods in the Hierarchy class. [*]

-- Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>