Michiel Meeuwissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My DOMConfigurator xml starts something like this:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE log4j SYSTEM "log4j.dtd" [ ...
>
> But then it does not work because it cannot find the dtd:
>
> 21:19:14,125 FATAL STDERR println.?  - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File
>"jndi:/bigdisk/dev/lib/test/log4j.jar/org/apache/log4j/xml/file:log4j.dtd" not found.
[]
> But I'm sure that on the given location there is a log4j.dtd, so why
> does it say that it cannot find?

No-one reacted, and I still did not solve this problem.

We are using log4j in a servlet in the orion web server. I think that
the classloader com.evermind.naming.j4 is coming with this 'jndi:'
path (on the line URL dtdURL =
clazz.getResource("/org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd"), of DOMConfigurator.java), which
simply cannot be understood by for example java.net.URL, which seems
to be used in Xerces 1.3. I really do not know how to solve this but
by giving an absolute location to log4j.dtd.

Since there is no absolute location available on jakarta (which I
would prefer) I fear that we have to provide an absolute location for
log4j.dtd ourselves, only to produce example configurations for our
program which at least always work.

Unless someone has a better idea of course. Is it possible to force
the getResource of log4j to use another classloader (without of course
having to change DOMConfigurator), which would produce a different
result for 'getResource'? Or something like that?

 Michiel

--
Michiel Meeuwissen - NOS internet
Mediacentrum kamer 203 - tel. +31 (0)35 6773065