Yes.  Like Category, AsyncAppender implements AppenderAttachable.  The
syntax is the same.  DOMConfigurator example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<log4j:configuration>

        <root>
                <priority value="debug"/>
                <appender-ref ref="ASYNC"/>
        </root>

        <appender name="ASYNC" class="org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender">
                <appender-ref ref="DEBUG"/>
        </appender>

        <appender name="DEBUG" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
                <param name="File" value=<your-file>/>
                <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/>
                        <param name="ConversionPattern"
value=<your-pattern>/>