"L. Scott Emmons" wrote:

> Giovanni Giorgi wrote:
> >
> > Ciao!
> >    I am searching a good log engine/library for Java,
> >[...]
> > I am searching a tool with a robust server-side font-end for logging
> > more servers on  four hosts.
> > I'd like to have a single "log server" for collecting all the logs and
> > browse them.
> [...]
> If JMS is a possibility for you, it makes an excellent way to build a
> logging framework. log4j supports it out of the box, which is nice.

My problem is during debugging:  I generate a lot of log, and I fear the JMS
server can
crash or slow-down all its client applications.
A Oracle DB as destination is faster than a JMS server?!
Thank you again!
--
// Giovanni JJ Giorgi         http://www.geocities.com/giorgi_g
// ^. .^   http://www.squeak.org      GSM: +39-(0)328-26-95-105