Hi Amar,

I am using the example given in the log4j. I am trying to use MS-Access to load the errors using the congiguraiton file.Here are the files I am using .

Thanks for u r response,

Pani

>From: "Amarnath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: log4j - Database
>Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:09:31 +0530
>
>this probs. mail comes if ur not configure the appender to the logger object. that all. find out the configuration clearly
>_____________________________________
>Amarnath P
>" try agian and again till you get SUCCEEDED"

# Here is a Configuration-file example, which can be used with the
PropertyConfigurator :

# Declare a appender variable named JDBC
log4j.rootCategory=JDBC

# JDBC is a class of JDBCAppender, which writes messages into a database
log4j.appender.JDBC=JDBCAppender

# 1. Database-options to connect to the database
log4j.appender.JDBC.url=jdbc:odbc:Logging
log4j.appender.JDBC.username=""
log4j.appender.JDBC.password=""

# 2. Connector-option to specify your own JDBCConnectionHandler
#log4j.appender.JDBC.connector=MyConnectionHandler

# 3. SQL-option to specify a static sql-statement which will be performed
with every occuring message-event
log4j.appender.JDBC.sql=INSERT INTO LOGTEST (id, msg, created_on,
created_by) VALUES (1, "error", sysdate, 'me')

code_example1.java