Von: Aaron Smuts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 2:04 AM
An: LOG4J Users Mailing List
Betreff: modifying log levels through a management console

It would be nice to be able to modify log levels during run time.

I built into my logger the ability to get a list of all logs ( categories )
and modify the log level of each during runtime, so I can turn on debugging
and debug in a production environment if necessary, without restarting the
servers and changing a config file.  It might be nice to have a servlet
interface to adjust the log levels.  It can save you in a tight spot.

I'm trying to move to log4j from my logging system ( complete with viewers
and a level management system ).

In sub projects ( the caching system ) I'm using log4j.

I'd like to have someone on my team build the viewer and the console, if
possible, for log4j.

Aaron