Hi,

i'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 and log4j 1.1.1.
I'm still confused about the location of the log4j.xml file when i want use
the DOMConfigurator.
I've a servlet that calls in his init() method
'DOMConfigurator.configure();'
But my log4j.xml has never been found. It's always using some kind of
default settings.
The log4j.jar is in WEB-INF/lib. According to a similiar discussion with
Tomcat und the PropertyConfigurator i copied my xml file nearly in any
possible directory, but with no success.

Is there a difference between the DOM- and PropertyConfigurator about the
file location ?

Do we have to use absolute path information for loading our files or is
there always a default location?

So, where we have to put the log4j.jar and where we have to put the
log4j.xml/log4j.properties files?

Could someone please give a final solution to this confusing problem.
It would be propably a good idea to add such config issues to the
documentation.

Regards
Stefan