At 08:33 PM 6/11/2001 Greg Davis wrote:
 >I've noticed an incredible amount of inertia from people who don't know a lot
 >about logging but know they need it.  The comments usually go something like:
 >
 >    "Why should I use <other logging package> when there is a
 >     logging package in JDK1.4".

I've had to deal a bit with that... I've had a fair amount of criticism
regarding my logging design+implementation (which wraps log4j) by other's
in my company who feel I should have used the "standard" logging service.
My response is generally along the lines of "Just because it's a standard
doesn't make it good". I stand by my decision to use log4j...

-Scott