From: Veerappan Saravanan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 4:30 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: One category, different priorities, different outputs

I have a category 'categoryA' that needs to log to different outputs based
on their priority. The following piece of code doesn't work

log4j.category.categoryA=ERROR, outputA
log4j.category.categoryA=DEBUG, outputB

The second line overwrites the previous line, so the previous line is not
considered at all.

I need a way to output to outputB if the priority is greater than debug and
to outputA and outputB if the priority is greater than error.

Can somebody tell me how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.
Van