Hi

For my part, the corrected version did not yet compile with Log4J 1.1.2. As
far as I have seen, the LoggingEvent class does not any more have a public
variable throwable. Instead use the following for line 69 and 70 in
TextPanelAppender:

    if (event.getThrowableInformation()!=null) {
      event.getThrowableInformation().getThrowable().printStackTrace(tp);

My proposals of corrections are included in the attached files. BTW: These
corrections also help to get the TextPaneAppender by Sven Reimers running.

Furtheron make shure the icons subdirectory is accessible from the place
where you start the example.

Stefan

--
Assistant
Competence Center Electronic Commerce (CCEC)

TextPanelAppender.java

EventBufferElement.java

LogTextPanel.java