Hello,

I currently use PropertyConfigurator.configure(filename)
to initialize the generic logging framework that is used
throughout my applications. I would like to have a
separate logging configuration for a particular part of
my system (log to a different kind of appender, with a
different layout). I am thinking of creating a new hierarchy
for that. I looked at the SocketServer code and am planning
to do the following:

    Hierarchy h = new Hierarchy(new RootCategory(Priority.DEBUG));
      File configFile = new File(configFilename);
      if (configFile.exists()) {
  new PropertyConfigurator().doConfigure(configFile.getAbsolutePath(), h);
        return h.getInstance("MY_APP LOG");
      }
      else {
        // return default logging hierarchy
      }

Is that the proper way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help,

-Fabien Modoux