From: Reddy Duggempudi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 8:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Logging to multiple files from application server

Hi,

We are running Weblogic server 5.1. We have an application log file which
captures pretty much all the messages. I would like to have a separate log
file for our MailAgent. I added a fileAppender just for that class. For some

reason LOG4J is logging all the mail messages both into our application log
and mail.log. How do I supress mail messages going into app.log?

We initialize the PropertyConfigurator.configure("props.lcf");
once when the server comes up. If I have 2 lcf files, would I get conflicts
when I load both of them?
log4j.rootCategory=debug, R

# R is set to be a RollingFileAppender sending its output to cap.log
log4j.appender.R.File=/opt/weblogic/myserver/app.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

# Appender stdout writes stdout
log4j.appender.stdout=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.stdout.File=System.out
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

# maillog is set to be a RollingFileAppender sending its output to mail.log
log4j.category.com.foo.mailagent.MailAgent=debug, maillog
log4j.appender.maillog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.maillog.File=/opt/weblogic/myserver/mail.log
log4j.appender.maillog.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.maillog.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.maillog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.maillog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d%n%m%n