If you look in the javadoc for PatternLayout it lists all the conversion
characters. For M it says "Used to output the method name where the logging
request was issued."

 -----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Tiwari [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 6:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Doubt... in log4j logging .

Let say I have specified PatternLayout with the conversion pattern as "%r
[%t] %-5p %c - %m%n"

Here [%t] will always be substitute with [main] ?
Let's say I have another thread in a method then logging at the internal
thread will also substitute the [%t] as [main].

My goal is how can I print or write to a file that the log which has been
logged is belongs to a particular method. Can any body help me on this
regard ?

Hope to get the reply soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh