Thank you
Does anyone know if significant overhead is introduced by this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Veerappan Saravanan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 3:33 PM
To: 'LOG4J Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Dynamic property file

PropertyConfigurator>>configureAndWatch

should do the trick

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 1:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dynamic property file

Hello

I would like to dynamically change the priority of logging. I am using
log4j.property file to set the specific priority as follow:
log4j.category.cat_name=INFO, .....

I would like to change it to say DEBUG, but i do not want to restart the my
code. Is there an api i can use to force the log4j reread the log4j.property
file?

thank you
boris