I guess you need the following property

log4j.appender.standardOutput.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} -%m\n

-----Original Message-----
From: Adler, Oliver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 2:18 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Printing Absolute Time Stamps

Hi,

I looked for an absolute time stamp which can be printed out as millis ?
This number could be converted to some human readable format if necessary
by some filter program later. I searched the documentation but culdn't find
something
useful.

So, is there any reason why I shouldn'd do this, or didn't I find how to do
this ?

Thanks

Oliver