I have a common servlet class called AbstractServlet which my individual
application servlets extend - Test1 and Test2. Each servlet must log to a
different file using a DailyRollingFileAppender(say).

I used the recommended approach of having a static in each class I
instantiate during construction. The file appender is attached to the
static.

Even though two different classes are being instantiated, the last one wins
in the AbstractServlet class.

Any logging performed in the AbstractServlet class' methods goes to the last
file and not to the separate files.

Any thoughts on how to get to work properly?

Thanks for any help.

Colin Ruthven