We have a startup class with WebLogic that essentially does this:

PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch(<logfile>,<delay>);

<logfile> is the name of your log4j properties file and <delay>
is the amount of delay you want to specify in milliseconds before
the file is reloaded. You can then make changes to the properties file
and it'll be reloaded as per the delay you specify.

                    Janet.H.DePratti@tra

                    velers.com                  To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                cc:

                    07/06/2001 03:09 PM         Subject:     Modifying Logging Options
Once Application is
                    Please respond to           Executing

                    "LOG4J Users Mailing

                    List"

I am in the process of finding out about log4j.  How do I configure my
startup
for logging options and once the application is running modify these
logging
options?