Hi.

I need realize additional behavior in my log subsystem. I'd like to get some
advise from Log4J developers.

That behavior are like in the UNIX logging.
1. "AntiFlood" ability - then logging system doesn't log all messages
recieved from some category for some specified period of time, but logs one
same mesage only with string like "Message XXX recieved YYY time."

I see solutions:
1) Try to override methodes debug(), info() etc. in MyCategory (wrapper or
subclass ??? ).
2) Try to see and make realization this behavior in a class MyAsyncAppender,
becouse I'll need anisochronous logging.

2. "Term-message" ability - when log subsystem interrogates other subsystems
about are they still "alive" if no messages was recieved for specified
period from some subsystems.

As it's rather hard to realize at once, for the first time I need ability to
log some term-message like "Only Event log subsystem still alive" :)) if no
messages was recieved from other subsystems for specified period. Something
like selflogging.

Thanks for any help.

- Yuriy.