I am just starting to play with Log4j on the SilverStream app server.   I
have the code  to load the configuration from a properties file in an object
that gets called on server startup:

    PropertyConfigurator.configure(sPathName);

I then have code in a SilverStream test page (basically a servlet) that will
write log events based on different buttons on the page.

I have noticed that when I make changes in the props file, they never take
effect unless I restart the server.  I have seen messages on this mailing
list that indicate the the props file is reloaded every so often.  It looks
like the FileWatchdog class is responsible for this.

Any ideas on how I can make Log4J understand that the file has changed?
Obviously bouncing the server is not what I have in mind.

TIA for any help,

Bill Pfeiffer