The "sort4.lcf" file has the following lines:

     # Set the priority of the category named "org.apache.log4j.examples" to
     # Priority.INFO, attach appender A2.
     log4j.category.org.apache.log4j.examples=INFO, A2

When I try to do this with my custom category (which contains an additional
priority level - AUDIT) it doesn't work:

     log4j.category.com.mycompany.zzz.logger.MyTest=FATAL, LoginDB

Here is the error:
     Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.log4j.Category
          at
com.mycompany.zzz.logger.ZZZLoginCategory.getZZZLoginCategory(ZZZLoginCategory.java:68)

     at com.mycompany.zzz.logger.MyTest.<clinit>(MyTest.java:9)

Is there a proper format for this, and if so, what?

Thanks in advance,
Tim Grotenhuis

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and
for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please
return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although the
Bank of New York attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does
not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage
sustained as a result of viruses.