Hello fellow loggers (is this the lumberjack list?),

I have an application that MUST set the JVM's default
TimeZone to GMT.  However, I don't want to log events
with this timezone.  I need the log events to display
the date/time in an arbitrary timezone.

I cannot see any easy way to set the timezone on the
PatternLayout, etc.  Looking through the code, I see
there used to be some sort of TimeZone setting option
on the PatternLayout, but the code has been commented
out.

The only solution I can find is to extend
PatternLayout and override the createPatternParser
method.  I will also need to extend PatternParser and
override the finalizeConverter method so that I can
create a DateFormat class which has its own timezone.

This solution seems a little messy, and please let me
know if there would be a better way to implement this,
but it would be much easier to create a patch to the
log4j core which allows for a timezone to be specified
as part of a ConversionPattern or Layout.

BTW, I am using 1.1.3.

Thanks in advance,
Ross