Hi,

I suspect the problem is due to a serialization problem for the
LoggingEvent. Chainsaw was built using version 1.1.3 of Log4J. What version
of Log4J is your application that is sending the events to Chainsaw using?
The stack trace produced from Chainsaw would be very helpful in confirming
this.

The current implementation of Chainsaw keeps all the events it receives. So
when this number gets very large (under load, or over time) it will
"cripple". A fix would be to modify Chainsaw to only keep the last XX
events.

Regards,
Oliver Burn
www.puppycrawl.com