From: Seemantini Godbole
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 1:09 PM
To: 'LOG4J Users Mailing List'
Subject: pl. help on Appenders; or rather DailyRollingFileAppender

Hi All,

I really need help on some confusion surrounding a log I saw. I am using
DailyRollingFileAppender, and looked at a single line of log which had a
mish-mash combination of 3 to 4 log messages.

seems like three or 4 threads were competing to write to this file. We have
a JSP, servlet, EJB architecture, so that is very possible.

However, I looked at the code of WriterAppender, FileAppender and then
DailyRollingFileAppender and did not see any synchronized blocks around
append or subAppend. Is that for performance reason or have I missed
something. I need to have only one message logged into one line in file.

Thanks,
Seemantini