Hi,
The question may be silly but being new to log4j i have a little doubt.
After downloading the source for log4j i was going thru SortAlgo.java pgm
and what is not clear to me are the following stmts :-

        final static Category OUTER = Category.getInstance(className +
".OUTER");
        final static Category INNER = Category.getInstance(className +
".INNER");
        final static Category DUMP = Category.getInstance(className +
".DUMP");
        final static Category SWAP = Category.getInstance(className +
".SWAP");

I wud really appreciate if someone cud clarify on this.
Also i need to know is there any way by which we can log directly to
database; i mean to say we can log to file, console etc. etc. but is there
any way to connect to database and log directly to database.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Nitin