I have an outer application that acts as a container for other applications.

I want to provide log4j functionality to one utility class that is part of this
outer application.

I also want to provide separate log4j functionality to the other applications
contained in this outer app.

The inner applications are ALWAYS started by the outer application (ie. it is
always running first).

I understand the basics of Log4j and even some of the advanced stuff, but
how do I do prevent the logging of contained applications from being initialized
with the
logging mechanism of the outer application when it is first started?

I am using a log4j.properties file with extended extended categories (one
extended
Category for the outer app and one extended Category for any of the inner apps).

Thanks in advance,
Tim

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and
for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please
return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although The
Bank of New York attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does
not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage
sustained as a result of viruses.