At 11:09 PM 19/07/2001, Gogia, Nitin wrote:

>Hi,
>I wud like to know if the user can enable/disable logging at runtime.

 From the FAQ

How can I reduce the computational cost of debug and info statements?
For public releases of your code, calling the
BasicConfigurator.disable(pri) method will disable all messages of priority
pri and below.
In cases of problems with an application, technical support can re-enable
logging by setting the log4j.disableOverride system property without
changing the binary at the client's site.

If you extrapolate that to BasicConfigurator.disable(ERROR) then all
logging will be disabled unless the log4j.disableOverride is set to true.

HTH

Robert