I know the documentation says that log4j makes no assumptions about the
logging environment, and so when it cannot find a valid log4j.configuration
property setting, it reports the error and does nothing...BUT is there a way
where you can have it set up something as a default?  For example, if I do
not specify any settings, I would like log4j to default to root using the
stock console appender with the priority set to WARN or above.

Is there a way to do this in the code?  If not, there should be, IMHO.

I would appreciate any guidance anyone can provide on this...

Thanks,
-Mark

Supercharge your telephone! -- write your VoiceXML Application for free at
http://cafe.bevocal.com
BeVocal Cafe - Rated #1 VoiceXML development environment and voice hosting
service by CT Labs!