I'm using log4j with jboss.
The components in Jboss uses log4j for their logging.
The log4j.properties is set up with with a root category - so all the
messages from all the components get logged to that category.
I have an application running in jboss, and I want to use my own log file -
moreover I do not want my messages ending up in the jboss log too.
I have set up my own category and my messages get logged to the fine.
The pain in arse is that they all go the root category log too!!
I can't just set the priority of that category to FATAL since then I lose
all the messages from all the other components.
Is there any way to tell a category (the root category) to ignore messages
from specific child categories??
Please help, this is doing my head in!