Attached is a jar file containing
org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppenderExt addressing the five points
I mentioned below. The source and javadoc is also in the jar. To use,
you can simply mount the jar.

I want to work on a version that would make point 2 optional, i.e. to
allow functionality like DailyRollingFileAppender.

Enjoy.

-- Don