Hi Thomas..

Thanx for that tip...I did try the SocketServer
provided by log4j and used a SocketAppender to log
messages...was succesful indeed:)

One observation is that when using SocketAppender
logging was very slow..i used the same machine as a
server as well as a client..is logging over network
generally slow or probably the network speed at the
time i tested was the culprit...

Another question...hope i am not aiming for the
stars!!

For an application, can we also define SocketAppenders
in a config file and load it using
PropertyConfigurator...i tried it (a blind shot
only!!) by giving the following...

#Set root category priority to DEBUG and its only
#appender to A1
log4j.rootCategory=WARN,A1

# A1 is set to be a SocketAppender which outputs to
#the port at which the server is listening
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.A1.Host=localhost
log4j.appender.A1.Port=7777

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t]
%-5p %c - %m%n

and also got the following message on the console
where i ran my client..

log4j:WARN No such property [host] in
org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender.

Can someone please help me out in this regard....

Thanks in advance,
Ganapathi.