From: viswa p [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 8:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: needs help

Hi all,
      I am new to log4j. Can anybody tell stepwise how to use this log4j.
I installed everything in my machine.

      Actually i looked in to the org.apache.log4j.examples . I didn't
understand that much. Here are the questions that i have

1. How can we set to delete the log file after the specified period?

2.Is there any way to backup the log file , instead of deleting the log
file?

3.I saw only 5 levels of logging(error,warn,info,debug,log). Is there
anyway to include one more logging level, because my application needs
6 levels of logging

Thanks in advance,
viswa...